Since the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade in January, 1973, women in America had the right to make decisions about their own bodies. On June 24, 2022, an ideological majority of the U.S. Supreme Court wrongly and inhumanly took that right away. The Clermont County Democratic Party condemns that decision.
Ohio state government now has unfettered power to tell women in our state what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. We must ensure that power is exercised in favor of Ohio’s women. That will not happen so long as Republicans control our state government. To preserve individual rights in Ohio, we must change who runs Ohio. We must:
- Register to vote and vote November.
- Vote this November for Nan Whaley for Governor, Chelsea Clarke for Secretary of State, Jeff Crossman for Ohio Attorney General, Taylor Sappington for State Auditor, and Scott Scherzer for State Treasurer.
- Vote for Tim Ryan this November as Ohio’s next U.S. Senator.
- Vote for Jennifer Brunner for Ohio Chief Justice and for Judge Marilyn Zayas and Judge Terri Jamison for Ohio Supreme Court Justices.
- Vote for Brian Flick for State Representative in District 62.
- Vote for Rich Parry for State Representative in District 63.
If you want the right to choose, you must make these right choices.