President Joe Biden returns to Ohio today to highlight the ways his new infrastructure law will improve life for Ohioans!
President Biden will stop in Cleveland and Lorain to discuss the Great Lakes restoration funding coming to Ohio. The infrastructure law will also help clean up the Cuyahoga, Black, and Maumee Rivers.
Here are some important facts about President Biden’s new infrastructure law:
- It includes funding to rebuild and repair crumbling roads, highways, and bridges — such as the Brent Spence Bridge in Cincinnati.
- Upgrading our roads, highways, and bridges will improve the supply chain, which will help lower the cost of goods for your family!
- It allocates $1 billion for the Great Lakes Restoration Project, which will help keep Lake Erie clean and ensure safe drinking water for all of us.
- Ohio will receive a minimum of $100 million to help provide broadband internet coverage across the state — including providing access to at least 259,000 Ohioans who currently lack it.
- Over 3 million Ohioans will be eligible for the Affordability Connectivity Benefit, which will help low-income families afford internet access.
Welcome back to Ohio, President Biden! And thank you for supporting Ohio workers and families!