Ohio Democratic Party
- Newsweek: Ohio could reset the abortion debate
- 91.7 WVXU Cincinnati: Elections in odd-numbered years are generally low-key. Not in 2023
- The Associated Press: Bankman-Fried’s trial exposed crypto fraud but Congress has not been eager to regulate the industry
- New York Post: Sen. Sherrod Brown gives royalties to far-left group whose director wants to abolish ICE, defund police
- WGN-TV: Senate Banking panel chair hails conviction of Bankman-Fried as ‘victory’
- Yahoo: Ohio Voters Favor Abortion Access Yet Might Vote Against It
- WRAL: How they voted: NC congressional votes for the week ending Nov. 2
- MSN: One Year Out, The Battle For The Senate Will Come Down To The Wire — Again
- The Boston Globe: These off-year elections could show whether abortion is still a driving force in politics
- CoinDesk: Sam Bankman-Fried Verdict: The Crypto Industry Reacts
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Biden pick to lead Social Security pledges action on ‘heartbreaking’ clawbacks
- cleveland.com: Politics both past and present point to coming dust-up in ’24 Senate race: Thomas Suddes
- cleveland.com: Here’s what college kids have to say (or not) about Tuesday’s election: Capitol Letter
- Washington Examiner: Congress must pass the Railway Safety Act to prevent my town’s disaster from happening again
- Talking Points Memo: All The Ways Republicans Tried To Game The Ohio Abortion Vote
- The Gateway Pundit: New Video Emerges Of CNN Accidentally Catching Woman Allegedly Stuffing Several Ballots into Drop Box In Cleveland, OH, During LIVE Segment on 2020 Election
- WFTV: Senators press nominee to lead Social Security Administration about overpayments
- Black Enterprise: Abortion Rights Bring Ohio Voters To Polls Early
- The Gazette: Opinion: Voters’ angst prevails over 2024 landscape
- Quad-City Times: Steve Corbin: Voters already exhausted from the 2024 election
- Ms. Magazine: The Republican Crusade Against Issue 1: Ohio’s Reproductive Freedom Amendment
- Salon: Ohio voters finally get a chance to overturn dangerous abortion ban
- Reason: Dobbs Is Reshaping American Politics
- PBS: An Ohio amendment serves as a testing ground for statewide abortion fights expected in 2024
- Salon: Ohio Republicans use taxpayer funds to boost “absolutely false” anti-abortion claims ahead of vote
- Barron S: Ohio Abortion Vote This Week May Ripple To 2024 US Election
- Breitbart News: Exclusive – Bernie Moreno: Frank LaRose, Matt Dolan ‘Full-Blown Amnesty Supporters’
- Common Dreams: With Abortion Rights on the Line, Ohio Lawmaker Says Those Purged Unlawfully Must Be Allowed to Vote
- Fox 8 News: There’s still time to vote early in Ohio — what you need to know
- WKBN 27 Youngstown OH: Ohio Secretary of State shares early voting information
- The Vindicator: Issue 2 opens door for home growers
- WTRF: Ohio Secretary of State prides himself on state counting very last vote down to the wet ink
- Ohio Capital Journal: Ohio redistricting challengers respond to commission members’ requests to dismiss case
- WCBE 90.5 FM: Republican senator proposes getting rid of ballot drop boxes in all 88 Ohio counties
- Bipartisan Report: Democrat Soars To Double-Digit Lead In Senate Race In Decisive Swing State
- KOMO: Ohio families impacted by opioid crisis want more accountability & transparency for Opioid Settlement Funds
- cleveland.com: Bernie Moreno wants the U.S. military in Mexico to fight drug cartels. Is this what Ohio wants in a senator? Today in Ohio
- cleveland.com: How Cleveland Hopkins is preparing for an electric future: The Wake Up for Monday, Nov. 6. 2023
- Breitbart News: Gasps as Breitbart Exposé on Trump NY Judge’s Clerk Takes Center Stage
- Conservative Brief: Trump Attorney Threatens Push For Mistrial After Damning Report Involving Court Clerk
- Fox News: Jewish Ohio Democrat cancels townhall over ‘security issues’
- Fox News: Ohio Congressman cancels town meeting over threats against Jewish people
- FOX59 News: Cincinnati congressman postpones town hall after ‘threats against Jews’
- FOX31 Denver KDVR: Democrats rage at Speaker Johnson over pairing Israel aid with IRS cuts
- Forbes: House Speaker Mike Johnson Says He Refuses ‘To Put People Over Politics’
- The Daily Caller: Democrats Were Literally Crying On The House Floor Over Speaker Johnson’s Israel Funding Bill
- Raw Story: Ohio congressman cancels townhall due to ‘serious national threats against Jews’
- TheBlaze: Brave Democrats break party lines to stand with Israel, vote for military aid — but two Republicans go the other way
- The Forward: House passes funding for Israel conditioned on IRS cuts, leaving almost no chance of the bill advancing
- Truthout: 12 House Dems Join GOP to Pass IRS-Gutting Israel Aid Package for Gaza Genocide
- The Gateway Pundit: Biden’s America: Democrat Jewish Congressman Cancels Town Hall Due to Security Concerns
- WLWT: Ohio Congressman Greg Landsman cancels town hall event due to security concerns
- WPLG: Congressman Landsman postpones Lebanon town hall, citing security risks
- Capitalism: The Media Hides Bipartisan Passage of GOP Funding Bill-12 Dems Voted ‘Yea’
- Liberty Nation: Giving IRS Funding to Israel – A Master Stroke by Mike Johnson
- cleveland.com: Dennis Kucinich’s remarkable life deserves a happy ending. But what ending is Kucinich writing for himself? Brent Larkin
- World Socialist Web Site: Rallies and press conferences held by healthcare workers across the world in opposition to the genocide on Gaza
- KYMA: National security experts and political candidates visit Yuma border
- KAWC Colorado River Public Media: Latest Republican border tour coming to Yuma this weekend
- Post News Group: Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao Launches Human Trafficking Advisory Council
Ohio GOP / Ohio Republicans
- AOL: AEP says resolution possible with federal regulators over House Bill 6 scandal
- WOSU Public Media: AEP is working with the SEC to resolve the nuclear bailout scandal investigation
Ohio Democratic Party
Newsweek Ohio could reset the abortion debate
(Sunday, November 5, 4:00 AM | By: Giulia Carbonaro)
- What Are Supporters Saying? Three political action committees—Ohioans for Reproductive Freedom, Ohio Physicians for Reproductive Rights, and Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights—are leading the campaign in support of Issue 1, with the backing of the Ohio Democratic Party and Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio, among others.
91.7 WVXU Cincinnati Elections in odd-numbered years are generally low-key. Not in 2023
(Monday, November 6, 4:01 AM | By: Wvxu)
- RELATED: Prosecutors urge Ohioans to reject Issue 2 for reasons that supporters say are ‘out of touch’ This is more of a grassroots campaign. The Ohio Republican Party opposes it; the Ohio Democratic Party has taken no position. Michigan could be the big loser if Issue 2 passes.
The Associated Press Bankman-Fried’s trial exposed crypto fraud but Congress has not been eager to regulate the industry
(Friday, November 3, 6:56 PM | By: FATIMA HUSSEIN)
- One big stumbling block in the Senate has been Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, chair of the Senate Banking Committee.
- Syndicated By: The Washington Post, ABC News, LNP + LancasterOnline.com, WFMZ, Dayton Daily News, Newser, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, WKRG, KELOLAND News, U.S. News & World Report, WKRN News 2, WDIV, NY1, WKMG, NBC4 WCMH-TV, KOIN, KXAN, WJXT, WTNH, WATE 6 On Your Side, WPLG, KSAT, WREG-TV, WSLS, TribLive.com, Newsday, Star Tribune, ABC 8News – WRIC, KRQE News 13, WAVY TV 10, WRAL, WTOP, KOB, FOX31 Denver KDVR, Breitbart News, The Detroit News, Houston Chronicle, SFGATE, Las Vegas Sun, ActionNewsJax, Yahoo, WFXT Boston 25 News, Quartz, WSB-TV, WSOC-TV, KIRO 7, WFTV, WPXI, WHIO-TV, AOL
New York Post Sen. Sherrod Brown gives royalties to far-left group whose director wants to abolish ICE, defund police
(Sunday, November 5, 10:07 AM)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) has given book royalties for nearly two decades to a group whose ‘far-left’ director has pushed for the abolition of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and defunding police departments.
- 5 Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) has given book royalties for more than two decades to a group whose ‘far-left’ director has pushed for the abolition of ICE and defunding police. Getty Images
(Friday, November 3, 4:25 PM | By: Alexander Bolton)
- Senate Banking Committee Chair Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) on Friday hailed the conviction of one-time cryptocurrency mogul Sam Bankman-Fried on seven charges of fraud and conspiracy as a ‘victory.’
- Syndicated By: FOX8 WGHP, FOX 4 News Kansas City, ABC7, KUSA, KHON2, WFLA, KXAN, WAVY TV 10, WKRN News 2, KOIN, WWLP, WKRG, ABC 8News – WRIC, WGN Radio 720, KRQE News 13, PIX11, FOX59 News, FOX31 Denver KDVR, KFOR, WREG-TV, News 19, Yahoo
(Friday, November 3, 12:38 PM | By: Philip Elliott)
- The Ohio Ballot Board, however, chose to summarize the bill using phrasing that is incomplete in the eyes of pro-abortion rights activists, and describes the protections as associated with an ‘unborn child’ rather than a ‘fetus.’ Those advocates objected, but the elected, conservative-leaning state Supreme Court sided with the changes proposed by the Republican Secretary of State—who is vying to replace Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown next year—that omitted mentions of fertility treatments, contraception, pregnancy, and miscarriage care.
- Syndicated By: AOL
(Friday, November 3, 6:35 PM | By: Targeted News Service)
- No other institution has so much unchecked power.’ An opponent, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, said: ‘This amendment would make the Fed less effective.
- Syndicated By: Yahoo, AOL
(Sunday, November 5, 11:32 AM | By: Matt Holt)
- ‘At the end of the day, part of what makes these Senate Democrats so strong is they have their own unique biographies, their own unique stories, and their own unique coalition of voters,’ Roberts told The Messenger. ‘I do think that they are well positioned to make that contrast about the Senate race in each of their individual states.’ Red State Showdowns Montana Sen. Jon Tester, Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown, and West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin are the top targets for Republicans in 2024.
The Boston Globe These off-year elections could show whether abortion is still a driving force in politics
(Sunday, November 5, 5:07 PM | By: Lissandra Villa de Petrzelka)
- A win in Ohio, Democrats hope, could also carry over to the 2024 elections, when incumbent Senator Sherrod Brown faces a steep path to reelection — a race that could play a key role in which party controls the Senate.
(Friday, November 3, 3:00 PM | By: Ben Schiller)
- Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs: ‘This verdict is a victory for everyone fighting fraud and scams in crypto.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Biden pick to lead Social Security pledges action on ‘heartbreaking’ clawbacks
(Monday, November 6, 5:00 AM)
- Under questioning by Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), O’Malley agreed that limits on the amount of assets beneficiaries are allowed to hold are root causes of overpayments. The limits, which haven’t been increased for inflation since the 1980s, stand at $2,000 for individuals and $3,000 for couples.
- Syndicated By: Hartford Courant
cleveland.com Politics both past and present point to coming dust-up in ’24 Senate race: Thomas Suddes
(Sunday, November 5, 5:22 AM | By: Thomas Suddes)
- Next year’s U.S. Senate race is shaping up to become a donnybrook, with Cleveland Democrat Sherrod Brown seeking a fourth term in what’s often been called the world’s most exclusive club.
- On the other side of the coin, since Ohioans began to popularly elect U.S. senators in 1914, only three senators have won three terms: The first Bob Taft, the Cincinnati Republican re-elected in 1944 and 1950; Greater Cleveland Democrat Howard Metzenbaum, re-elected in 1982 and 1988 — and Sherrod Brown, who, as noted, won re-election in 2012 and 2018.
cleveland.com Here’s what college kids have to say (or not) about Tuesday’s election: Capitol Letter
(Monday, November 6, 8:00 AM | By: Jake Zuckerman)
- Flagging: The U.S. Senate on Thursday passed bipartisan legislation sponsored by Ohio’s Sherrod Brown called the ‘All-American Flag Act’ that would require the federal government to only buy flags completely produced and manufactured in the United States. Currently, the federal government can buy flags that contain only 50% American-made materials. ‘Ensuring ‘Made In America’ whenever taxpayer money is involved puts America to work.’ said a statement from Brown.
Washington Examiner Congress must pass the Railway Safety Act to prevent my town’s disaster from happening again
(Friday, November 3, 3:13 PM | By: Trent Conaway)
- J.D. Vance (R) and Sherrod Brown (D), will take steps to reduce the same safety failures that led to this derailment. The bill would expand the use of wayside defect detectors, strengthen railcar inspection standards, and ensure trains carrying hazardous chemicals are treated with special care under the law.
Talking Points Memo All The Ways Republicans Tried To Game The Ohio Abortion Vote
(Saturday, November 4, 9:00 AM | By: Kate Riga)
- Most recently, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose (R) — who also happens to be challenging Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) in 2024 — purged nearly 27,000 voters between an August election featuring a proposal he supported and this upcoming abortion one he opposes.
The Gateway Pundit New Video Emerges Of CNN Accidentally Catching Woman Allegedly Stuffing Several Ballots into Drop Box In Cleveland, OH, During LIVE Segment on 2020 Election
(Friday, November 3, 6:40 PM | By: Patty McMurray)
- ‘We know that Ohio recently hasn’t been a competitive state, but, in the future, we know with [Senator] Sherrod Brown’s (D-Ohio) race and many other races, it is going to become more competitive, and we are going to see Democrats using this tool illegally to ballot harvest,’ he said.
(Friday, November 3, 11:51 AM | By: Samantha Manning)
- ‘Am I correct in understanding this outdated asset limit is in fact the leading cause of overpayments?’ asked Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio).
Black Enterprise Abortion Rights Bring Ohio Voters To Polls Early
(Friday, November 3, 10:53 AM | By: Sharelle Burt)
- Senate Minority Leader Nickie Antonio (D-OH) said, ‘The poll that I’m the most interested in is the one that happens in the ballot box all the way up through Nov. 7.’ Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), who is up for reelection in 2024, posted a video to Twitter in support of the issue.
(Saturday, November 4, 6:00 AM | By: Doapp)
- Arizona’s Kyrsten Sinema (independent), 2. Ohio’s Sherrod Brown (D) and 3.
Quad-City Times Steve Corbin: Voters already exhausted from the 2024 election
(Saturday, November 4, 6:00 AM | By: Steve Corbin)
- The independent and non-partisan Cook Political Report feels there are three major ‘toss-up’ elections: 1) Arizona’s Kyrsten Sinema (independent), 2) Ohio’s Sherrod Brown (D) and 3) West Virginia’s Joe Manchin (D). Legal issues may endanger Bob Menendez (D-NJ) returning to D.C. for his fourth term-of-office.
(Friday, November 3, 12:16 PM | By: Morgan Carmen)
- Second, Secretary of State LaRose—who is notably also running for U.S. Senate against incumbent Democrat Sherrod Brown—ordered the purge of almost 27,000 Ohioans from voter rolls in late September.
(Sunday, November 5, 12:02 PM | By: Mini Timmaraju)
- There is perhaps no better example than Ohio, where Republican Frank LaRose, the current secretary of state also running for U.S. Senate, has made it clear he will do whatever it takes to support his own political ambitions—no matter the cost.
- At Reproductive Freedom For All, we’ve been in this fight for over 54 years and we know there will always be politicians like Frank LaRose who are more concerned with getting ahead than doing the right thing for the people they were elected to represent. But we have hope, because voters have shown time and again that they will not sit back and take extremists’ efforts to roll back their most fundamental rights.
- Syndicated By: MSN, Yahoo
(Sunday, November 5, 6:00 AM | By: Elizabeth Nolan Brown)
- Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose publicly denied that Issue 1 was about thwarting a reproductive rights amendment. He was later caught on video admitting this was his calculation.
- Syndicated By: Yahoo
(Friday, November 3, 7:39 PM | By: Julie Carr Smyth)
- Abortion opponents, she said, ‘will apply those weapons and learning in other states going forward.’ Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose advanced ballot language for the Ohio amendment that its supporters said was misleading, while GOP Attorney General Dave Yost took the unconventional step of producing his own ‘legal analysis’ of the amendment. Its supporters said those actions by top state officials could cost them votes.
- Syndicated By: LNP + LancasterOnline.com, Martinsville Bulletin, Napa Valley Register, Columbus Telegram, Beatrice Daily Sun, The Bismarck Tribune, Fredericksburg.com, The Daily Progress, Bristol Herald Courier, Hickory Daily Record, The McDowell News,