Ohio Democratic Party
- Dayton Daily News: Dems question Secretary of State office move amid LaRose Senate campaign
- Ideastream Public Media: Ohio Secretary of State gets requests for records on his plans to relocate his office
- Ohio Capital Journal: What is Ohio Issue 1? We explain the proposed abortion rights amendment
- POLITICO: Senate votes to overturn CFPB small business rule as Biden threatens veto
- POLITICO: The electric-vehicle utopia, running on fumes
- The Hill: Bipartisan lawmakers demand answers on crypto’s role in financing Hamas attacks on Israel
- The Hill: Senate Republicans offer support for McHenry to break House impasse
- Roll Call: Senate votes to overturn CFPB small-business lending rule
- ABC News: Are there any signs of life for Trump’s challengers in the latest fundraising numbers?
- WHIO-TV: Defense innovation hub coming to Dayton
- AOL: Crypto comes under new scrutiny in Washington following Hamas attacks
- KIRO 7: Under fire, Social Security chief vows ‘top-to-bottom’ review of payment clawbacks
- iHeartRadio: BW Poll Says Issues 1 and 2 Are Likely To Pass
- CoinDesk: U.S. Sen. Warren Leads Lawmakers to Push Administration on Crypto-Backed Terrorism
- cleveland.com: Cleveland area to benefit from new Defense Innovation Hub program
- cleveland.com: Another poll puts support for Issue 1 abortion amendment at 58%: Capitol Letter
- San Francisco Chronicle: Underestimate Kamala Harris at your own peril
- Breitbart News: Bernie Moreno at Ohio GOP Senate Debate: ‘You Cannot Have Amnesty’
- Breitbart News: Senators Call on Biden to Formally Freeze $6 Billion Ransom to Iran
- The Epoch Times: Republicans’ Odds of Flipping Senate in 2024 a Study in Good Math-Bad Math
- Cointelegraph: Sen. Warren, 100+ legislators write White House, Treasury about crypto and terrorism
- Common Dreams: Sanders, Brown Lead Resolution in Solidarity With Striking UAW Workers
- OpenSecrets: Sherrod Brown maintains fundraising lead in Ohio Senate race with help of grassroots donors and unions
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Hospital CEO pay hits the Hill
- WSWS: Mass protests in US against Israel war crimes
- Dayton Daily News: Beavercreek research institute gets nearly $2M to match business know-how with military needs
- American Banker: Senate votes to nullify CFPB’s small business data collection rule
- News 5 Cleveland WEWS: The Railway Safety Act awaits action as Congress deals with other …
- Quad-City Times: Cedar Falls Democrat announces campaign for Iowa U.S. House seat
- The Vindicator: Keep development, jobs coming to our Appalachian region
- The Vindicator: Sen. Brown touts new loan fund for E. Palestine businesses
- WSAW: Baldwin and Bipartisan Group of Colleagues Stand with United Auto Workers on Strike
- WTRF: Brown says East Palestine is close to being back to normal, still unhappy with Norfolk Southern
- Cord Cutters News: 20 US Senators Ask the FCC to Turn YouTube TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Fubo, & More Into Cable TV Companies
- BollyInside: Summary: Sanders, Brown, and 32 colleagues introduce a resolution in support of United Auto Workers (UAW) bargaining for a fair contract, with 34,000
- Ironton Tribune: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown: Cutting taxes for teachers – The Tribune
- WTOV Steubenville: Ohio Valley to become hub of hydrogen energy, promising green future and job growth
- Bluefield Daily Telegraph: Capito, Manchin want Biden to freeze $6 billion in funds released to Iran
- UVA | Center for Politics: Ohio Abortion Vote Leads List of Key 2023 Statewide Ballot Issues
- Arutz Sheva: Refreezing Iranian assets exposes Biden Administration’s folly
- Sierra Sun Times: U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, Colleagues Urge Biden Administration to Help Reduce Energy Costs – Include Supplemental LIHEAP Funding in any Additional Request Submitted for FY2024 Appropriations
- Sean Hannity: BIDEN’S BUDGET: Here’s a Look at Foreign Aid Cash for Palestinians, Ukraine, Israel [SEE IT]
- MEAWW: Joe Biden in hot water after Sean Hannity mocks POTUS’ foreign aid to Palestine, Ukraine, and Israel
- Townhall: Montana Sure Looks to Be Another Senate Race to Watch
- cleveland.com: Frank LaRose, stand-up comic
- Breitbart News: Ohio’s Bernie Moreno Exposes Amnesty Support of Frank Larose, Matt Dolan at GOP Senate Candidate Forum
- Breitbart News: Ohio Abortion Activist Fails to Clarify Broad Wording of Issue 1 in Debate
- Spectrum News 1: Poll shares Ohio voters’ thoughts on upcoming election
- WSYX: LaRose’s $600,000 office move under democrat and tax-payer scrutiny
- Ohio Democratic Party: Ohio Taxpayers Demand Answers from Frank LaRose after Spending $600,000 to Move Official Office to Campaign HQ – Ohio Democrats
- Ohio Capital Journal: Details behind LaRose move again demanded
- Parkersburg News: Ohio Secretary of State LaRose speaks to local students about voting
- MSN: Speaker of the House vote: See how all members of the House voted in Wednesday’s election
- Daily Kos: OH-Sen: Poll Shows Majority Of OH Voters Support Abortion Rights, Legal Weed & Sen. Brown (D)
- The SoCal Scene Show: Joyce plans to call for vote to empower McHenry as temporary speaker
- WTOL: ‘We are talking about thousands of people being affected’: Local food banks facing a loss in funding with stalled farm bill
- BG Independent Media: Latta stands by his man as Jordan loses again
- KTVZ: Chavez-DeRemer says bipartisan bill would help prevent fentanyl overdoses in schools – KTVZ
- Yahoo: Democrats on the GOP Sh**show: ‘Their Civil War Continues’
- The New Republic: Democrats on the GOP Sh*t Show: “Their Civil War Continues”
- NBC News: What Black women should know about hair relaxers and cancer
- CBS News: FDA plans to propose ban on formaldehyde in hair smoothing, straightening products — here’s what to know.
- CNBC: FDA proposes ban on hair relaxers with formaldehyde
- Tech Times: FDA May Ban Formaldehyde in Hair Straightening Products Over Uterine Cancer Risks
- Essence: After Urging From Two Black Congresswomen, FDA Planning To Ban The Harmful Chemicals In Hair Relaxers
- BlackAmericaWeb.com: Creamy Crack Be Gone: FDA Proposes To Ban Relaxers But Watch How Companies Advertised To Black Women For Years
- Parent Herald: FDA Targets To Ban Formaldehyde in Relaxers: Risks to Black Women Highlighted
- Power 98 FM: FDA’s Proposal: Ban on Hair Relaxers Containing Formaldehyde
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition: Release: NSAC Praises Introduction of the Supporting Urban & Innovative Farming Act of 2023 in the House
Ohio GOP / Ohio Republicans
- NPR: Jordan struggles to get votes for gavel, some Republicans float temporary speaker
- Roll Call: Jordan loses ground on second speaker ballot
- Roll Call : House Republicans wanted all the control, while doing none of the real work – Roll Call
Ohio Democratic Party
Dayton Daily News Dems question Secretary of State office move amid LaRose Senate campaign
(Thursday, October 19, 6:00 AM | By: Avery Kreemer)
- Reeves Oyster, a spokesperson with the Ohio Democratic Party, said that the proximity of LaRose’s government office to a suite connected to his Senate campaign raises ‘serious ethics concerns,’ and might intermix political campaigning with government duties.
- Syndicated By: Springfield News-Sun
Ideastream Public Media Ohio Secretary of State gets requests for records on his plans to relocate his office
(Wednesday, October 18, 4:53 PM | By: The Statehouse News Bureau)
- Senate campaign. The Ohio Democratic Party brought together the three who are concerned about the move of the secretary of state’s office from its 4th Street location, where it’s been for nearly 20 years.
- Syndicated By: The Statehouse News Bureau, WYSU 88.5 FM, WOSU Public Media, 91.7 WVXU Cincinnati, WYSO
Ohio Capital Journal What is Ohio Issue 1? We explain the proposed abortion rights amendment
(Thursday, October 19, 5:00 AM | By: Morgan Trau)
- Who supports Issue 1 Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights, a coalition of abortion rights groups around the state; The Ohio Democratic Party; American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Ohio AFL-CIO and more.
(Wednesday, October 18, 10:56 AM | By: Katy O’Donnell)
- Senate Banking Chair Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) defended the rule, saying it would shed light on ‘gaps in the small-business lending market.’
- Syndicated By: MSN
(Wednesday, October 18, 4:21 PM)
- POLITICO’s Eleanor Muller reported yesterday for Pro Subscribers that Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)’s Senate Banking Committee could consider rolling up Warren’s proposed legislation on the subject with a similar bill from Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.).
(Wednesday, October 18, 11:16 AM | By: Julia Shero)
- However, the bill has faced resistance from Senate Banking Committee Chairman Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), who has questioned the extent to which crypto is already covered by existing regulations. Notably, Brown signed onto Tuesday’s letter.
- Syndicated By: The Kansas City Star, Yahoo, AOL, Belleville News-Democrat
(Wednesday, October 18, 6:20 PM | By: Al Weaver)
- ‘I like McHenry. I don’t think that necessarily helps him that I say that,’ said Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), who has worked with McHenry on a number of items as Senate Banking Committee chairman.
- Syndicated By: WYZZ-TV, Texomashomepage.com, News 8 WROC Rochester, WFRV Local 5, KAMR NBC 4, KNWA-TV and Fox 24 News, KTVE 10 KARD 14 myarklamiss, Eyewitness News, KTSM 9 News, KLAS, BRProud, WOOD TV8, KUSA, WFLA, KXAN, KRQE News 13, WAVY TV 10, WTNH, WKRN News 2, WPRI-TV, WWLP, WATE 6 On Your Side, WANE 15, WDTN, WLNS-TV, KGET 17, WJTV, WRBL News 3, WGN-TV, FOX31 Denver KDVR, PIX11, FOX59 News, The Kansas City Star, KFOR, WREG-TV, News 19, WDHN, WGN Radio 720, Yahoo, AOL
(Wednesday, October 18, 1:00 PM | By: Caitlin Reilly)
- Senate Banking Chairman Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, took the floor ahead of the vote to defend the CFPB rule, saying it would make the small-business lending market more transparent and level the playing field for entrepreneurs the financial industry has traditionally overlooked. ‘Small-business lending takes place in the dark.
- We don’t have good data about how lenders are serving the small business in their communities. We don’t have good data about whom lenders might be leaving behind,’ Brown said. ‘The data we do have suggests too many small-business owners aren’t getting a fair shot at a loan for their businesses.’ The resolution is likely to find strong support in the Republican-controlled House, but without a speaker, it’s unclear when the chamber could take it up.
- Syndicated By: The Gazette – Colorado Springs, The Kansas City Star
(Wednesday, October 18, 11:31 AM)
- Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown also raised $5.8 million, which put him ahead of Republicans Bernie Moreno ($4.2 million, including $3 million in self-funding), Matt Dolan ($4.1 million, including $3 million in self-funding) and Frank LaRose ($1 million).
(Wednesday, October 18, 3:34 PM | By: Whio Staff)
- A new defense innovation hub is coming to the Dayton area, according to a spokesperson from the offices of U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and U.S. Representative Michael Turner (R-OH-10).
- Syndicated By: Yahoo
(Wednesday, October 18, 10:00 AM | By: AOL Staff)
- They are not the only lawmakers vowing to take a closer look at the industry in the wake of the strike on Israel. Senate Banking Committee Chair Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) says his committee will examine the financing behind Hamas’s attacks, including whether cryptocurrency was involved.
- Syndicated By: Yahoo
(Thursday, October 19, 11:23 PM | By: David Hilzenrath)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), chair of a Senate panel that oversees Social Security, called on the agency to stop penalizing people who have been overpaid for years.
- Syndicated By: WFXT Boston 25 News, California Healthline, KFF Health News, Yahoo
iHeartRadio BW Poll Says Issues 1 and 2 Are Likely To Pass
(Wednesday, October 18, 7:18 PM)
- Ohio U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown garnered a 44% favorability rating, while Senator J.D. Vance was rated favorably by just 36% of respondents. Candidates for the Republican nomination to run against Senator Brown next year need to increase name recognition.
(Wednesday, October 18, 11:16 AM | By: Jesse Hamilton)
- The letter effort was also led by Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.) and Rep. Sean Casten (D-Ill.). The signers included Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.
(Wednesday, October 18, 4:47 PM | By: Sabrina Eaton)
- Although the Ohio Mission Acceleration Center (MAC) will be based in the Miami Valley, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown said it will partner with companies and facilities in Cleveland and elsewhere in the state.
(Wednesday, October 18, 8:00 AM)
- Per Andrew Tobias, a majority of respondents said they’d never heard of state Sen. Matt Dolan or Cleveland businessman Bernie Moreno, while a plurality said they’d never heard of Secretary of State Frank LaRose But while the poll found a plurality of Ohio voters like Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown, it also found a deep dislike of President Joe Biden, pointing to a tough road to reelection for the longtime Ohio Democrat.
San Francisco Chronicle Underestimate Kamala Harris at your own peril
(Thursday, October 19, 7:03 AM)
- The thing is, do we read any stories about Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s staff turnover? Any hot takes on Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown’s staff turnover? Any quick hits on Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ staff turnover?
(Wednesday, October 18, 1:07 PM | By: Neil Munro)
- That’s the bottom line,’ responded populist Bernie Moreno, a Cleveland businessman who is also running for the seat now held by Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH).
(Wednesday, October 18, 7:07 PM | By: Kristina Wong)
- Signatories of the letter included Sens. Blackburn, Ernst, Rosen, Joe Manchin (D-WV), Tammy Baldwin (D-IL), Dan Sullivan (R-AK), Bob Casey (D-PA), Todd Young (R-IN), Kyrsten Sinema (R-AZ), James Lankford (R-OK), Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV), Mark Kelly (D-AZ), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and Jon Tester (D-MT). On Tuesday, Blackburn and more Republican senators took to the podium to pressure the Biden administration.
(Wednesday, October 18, 11:35 AM | By: John Haughey)
- The RNSC has coalesced around GOP challengers Sam Brown in Nevada and Dave McCormick in Pennsylvania. Both surfaced as strong candidates in the 2022 primaries.
- The NRSC’s priority races—those deemed most ‘flippable’—are in Montana, Ohio, and West Virginia, where three Democrat senators elected in 2018 are in states Trump won in 2020: Jon Tester (Mont.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), and Joe Manchin (W.V.), who has not confirmed whether he’s running in 2024 or if he’ll do so as an independent.
(Wednesday, October 18, 2:00 PM | By: Derek Andersen)
- Senate Banking Committee Chair Sherrod Brown, who has called for crypto regulation but did not support Warren’s bill, also signed the letter.
(Wednesday, October 18, 1:00 PM | By: Jessica Corbett)
- Sens. Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown on Wednesday introduced a resolution expressing official solidarity with the strikers.
OpenSecrets Sherrod Brown maintains fundraising lead in Ohio Senate race with help of grassroots donors and unions
(Wednesday, October 18, 10:48 AM | By: Harshawn Ratanpal)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) outside of the U.S. Capitol Building on April 18, 2023 in Washington, D.C. (Photo by)
- With $11.8 million in the bank, incumbent Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) has far outraised his Republican challengers, who continue to pour their own money into the tightly contested 2024 U.S. Senate race.
Becker’s Hospital Review Hospital CEO pay hits the Hill
(Wednesday, October 18, 1:42 PM)
- “Right now, the CEO of GM makes 362 times what its median worker makes. At Ford, it’s 281 times,” Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, said last month in regards to the United Auto Workers strike. “So I don’t want to hear whining from these companies that they can’t afford to pay workers what they’re worth.”
(Thursday, October 19, 11:53 PM)
- The senators’ letter, which was also signed by so-called ‘progressives’ Tammy Baldwin (Wisconsin) and Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Republicans Joni Erst (Iowa) and Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee), and Joe Manchin (West Virginia) and Krysten Sinema (Arizona), also called on Blinken to work with the bipartisan group of senators in support of Israel.’We look forward to working with you to assist Israel in its time of need and ensure it has the resources and tools need to defend itself against Iranian-sponsored terrorism,’ they wrote
Dayton Daily News Beavercreek research institute gets nearly $2M to match business know-how with military needs
(Wednesday, October 18, 12:45 PM | By: Thomas Gnau)
- Explore Air Force Materiel Command hits record, spends nearly $10B on small businesses ‘It helps grow existing small businesses in Ohio, too,’ Sen. Sherrod Brown said in a phone briefing with reporters Wednesday. ‘It becomes a one-stop shop for technology generators in Ohio,’ Gessel said in the same briefing.
(Wednesday, October 18, 3:01 PM | By: Bloomberg News)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, urged Democratic lawmakers to vote against the resolution on the Senate floor. “You don’t need reports and studies to know that most Ohioans don’t get a fair shake from big banks and the financial system,” he said.
News 5 Cleveland WEWS The Railway Safety Act awaits action as Congress deals with other …
(Wednesday, October 18, 7:49 PM)
- ‘Congress can legislate a solution to this problem, and that’s exactly what I’m going to try to do,’ Vance said during February visit. He and Sen. Sherrod Brown soon teamed up to introduce the Railway Safety Act, a measure that, by U.S. Senate standards, was moving along at a record clip. ‘We plan to have that bill on the floor next week,’ Senator Brown said during a June visit. But more than four months later, it still sits in committee as attention these days is focused on Israel, the fight for a speaker in Washington and the looming government shutdown.
Quad-City Times Cedar Falls Democrat announces campaign for Iowa U.S. House seat
(Wednesday, October 18, 11:30 AM | By: Tom Barton)
- The ranking includes members who served for some of the 118th Congress but have since resigned or are planning to resign/retire soon. Tupungato // Shutterstock – 5 members of Congress Brown University is an Ivy League institution located in Providence, Rhode Island. Brown was founded in 1764, which makes it one of the oldest universities in the U.S.
- Sherrod Brown, Amy Klobuchar, and Sheldon Whitehouse. Other famous Yale University alumni include former presidents William Howard Taft, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.
- Syndicated By: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
The Vindicator Keep development, jobs coming to our Appalachian region
(Thursday, October 19, 8:00 PM)
- U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown’s office has announced $1.25 million to the Manufacturing Advocacy and Growth Network, the Ohio Manufacturing Extension Partnership, for small and medium manufacturers in Appalachia.