DEPUTY FINANCE DIRECTOR OHIO DEMOCRATIC PARTY COLUMBUS, OHIO
Over the next two years, the Ohio Democrats will build an organization to win highly consequential elections up and down the ballot. With new leadership comes a new vision for our Party, refocusing on the core fundamentals that move the needle. ODP is building back better as a focused, modern, and nimble force to elect Democrats statewide now and in the future.
Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024. The battle to maintain the Senate majority will be fought in Ohio. 2024 also offers the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend three battleground congressional seats under new legislative maps.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Ohio Democrats seek a talented, passionate professional to serve as Deputy Finance Director for the 2024 cycle. We are seeking an experienced fundraiser who will help serve as a strategic asset to Ohio Democrat’s fundraising operation. The Deputy Finance Director will work closely
with the Finance Director to ensure that the state party finance operation is the strongest possible for Senator Brown’s re-election campaign. Specifically, the Deputy Finance Director will:
- Oversee in-state fundraising operation, including, but not limited to events, donor meetings, donor prospecting, and donor cultivation
- Oversee Finance Department operations
- Assist Finance Director in overseeing the national fundraising operation, including travel, donor outreach and events
- Assist Finance Director in management of finance team
- Execute fundraising and stewardship of fundraising events, especially the state-wide annual event
- Manage special fundraising projects
- Support the call time program, including donor research, debriefing and prospecting ● Staff meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience – at least 1 cycle of fundraising experience (2 cycles preferred). ● Track record of identifying and cultivating new and existing relationships with donors,
prospective donors, partner organizations and key stakeholders
- Experience managing staff, volunteers, or interns
- Strong attention to detail in fast-paced environment
- Ability to take and implement feedback
- Experience with NGP 8 and ActBlue
- Excellent in interpersonal and customer service skills
- Clear, effective, high-quality writer
- Highly communicative – responsive to internal and external requests, emails, and calls, within reason
- Multitasker – Able to juggle multiple activities yet not lose focus on top priorities or let something slip through the cracks
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace with the ability to take feedback and learn
- A passion for training – developing leadership of staff and volunteers is second nature.
- Passionate and thoughtful about what and how they do work and whom they work with; ● Resilient, resourceful, and adaptive to priority shifts and change (big and small); ● Kind but willing to apply soft elbows when needed;
- Realistic but positive in outlook, not ego- or turf-driven, able to focus on opportunities when faced with challenges;
- Collaborative by nature;
- Fully invested in the success of Ohio Democrats.
The salary will be commensurate with all other deputy directors at $5,000 per month and full benefits including PTO as needed, health insurance and optional vision and dental insurance. The hourly expectation will fluctuate depending on the campaign cycle, but will be a minimum of 40 hours per week. Housing will not be provided.
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c54SkHSj7MeYyuym8
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQIA, and more are encouraged to apply.