Affordable and Accessible Healthcare
Democrats have been fighting to secure universal health care for the American people for generations, and we are proud to be the party that passed Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Insure that Medicaid for Ohio citizens is not restricted or reduced.
- Create a program for working families to get up to 12 weeks paid time off to care for a new child or loved one.
- Provide an income tax credit to family caregivers who use their own money to care for a loved one.
- Unify statewide anti-drug addition efforts in a permanent cabinet position.
- Prohibit “gag orders” that prevent pharmacists from telling customers the cheapest method for purchasing prescriptions.
State Rep. Brigid Kelly (D-Cincinnati) announced on November 9th that Senate Bill (SB) 26, which includes a provision she sponsored to eliminate Ohio sales taxes on feminine hygiene products, commonly known as the Pink Tax, was signed by Governor DeWine into law.
State Rep. Brigid Kelly of Cincinnati, a Democrat, originally sponsored legislation removing the pink tax with Republican State. Rep. Niraj Antani of Dayton.
Eliminating the tax is expected to save consumers $4 million a year.